Change your Gmail password from the web
Hello, today we will help you How to Change Gmail Password. A lot of people have problems doing this process. We also write this article as a guide for you. We believe that the simplest way is always the best, that is why we are going to start from the official Google website where they will let us modify our password, for this you must have your current password and think about a new secure password. Follow the next steps:
- Enter the section with your Google account information at https://myaccount.google.com.
- Enter ” Security ” to access your data, section located in the left sidebar on PC, and the upper part if it is a mobile device
- Follow the path ” Sign in to Google “> ” Password “. It will notify you from the devices you log in with and when was the last time you modified your access password.
- Enter your current Gmail password and press ” Next “
- Finally, enter the new password and confirm the new password again. Remember that it must have a minimum of 10 characters for greater security.
- Press « Change password » to finish.
Once you do the above, you will have changed both your Gmail password and that of all Google services. It is possible that in some services you must log out and reopen it for them to work correctly. Remember not to forget your new password.
Change Gmail password without knowing current password
There are cases where, due to automatic login, you forget your current Gmail password and want to change it. There are different ways to change the password for this, but you must have left alternative verification methods in your account in advance. Then follow these steps:
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery.
- Enter your Gmail email and press.
- They will give you three alternative identification methods.
- Enter the last password that comes to mind that you have used in that account, it does not matter if it is not the most recent.
- Click on ” Try another way ” to go to other verification forms. If you have a mobile, press «Yes», Google will send you an SMS with a code to confirm that you are the true owner.
- If you don’t have a phone, go to ” I don’t have my phone, ” which will let you enter
Change the Gmail password from an Android / iOS mobile
Although everything that we have told you so far you could do it equally from any device or even from the browser of your mobile terminal, there is a specific way designed specifically for mobile devices, which is through the Gmail application, so that you can change your password in just a few minutes. Follow the next steps:
- Click on the three horizontal stripes (they will be up or down, depending on whether you use Android or iOS).
- Go to « Settings «.
- Press ” Manage your Google account “, under « Account «.
- Enter your current password to validate your identity.
- Go to ” Security “.
- Enter ” Password “.
- Re-enter your current password and click on « Next «.
- Enter your new password and retype it just below to confirm.
- Press the ” Change password ” button to finish.ave a good time using Gmail services without problems, so we hope you have been able to take advantage of our advice.