To delete a group from WhatsApp , you have to fulfill the main requirement which is to be an administrator. The procedure consists of expelling all members and even leaving the group to delete it later. If you don’t have the ” Admin. group ”, you will only have the option to leave it, with which you can delete it from your chat list. In this text you will learn how to perform this procedure with a simple step by step guide.
When you are the creator of the group, you have a responsibility to make everyone follow the rules and to be used for what was formed. These group chats can become unnecessary, so we recommend deleting them . If you are not an admin member and have reached this information, chances are you will have trouble deleting the chat, so this text will show you the required steps.
Procedure to be followed
As an administrator, you meet the main requirement to use this guide and delete the WhatsApp group . First, enter the group and press the three dots located in the upper right corner to open the options menu, then select the ” Group Information ” option .
In this section you will be able to verify that, in the list of participants, the section that says ” You ” has the label ” Group administrator “. This means that you are an administrator, so you just have to follow the steps described below to delete the WhatsApp group:
- Go to the ” Group Information ” section as indicated above.
- It proceeds to expel the members one by one. To do this, press and hold the person’s name for a moment until the pop-up menu appears. Select the option ” Delete (username) “. In the example, the contacts have been renamed to “User 1” and “User 2”.
- Then it is necessary to confirm the action by pressing ” Ok “. Repeat this process with each of the members, until it’s just you.
- Once this is done, choose the ” Leave group ” option .
- Press ” Exit ” to complete the action.
- Then select ” Delete group “.
- A pop-up window will appear and you will need to confirm the procedure by pressing “ Delete ”.
This is all you need to do to permanently delete a WhatsApp group . While not complicated, it is important to meet the required guidelines. On the other hand, it should be noted that once the WhatsApp group is deleted, there will be no way to recover it and all its content will be lost.
Remove the group from the chat
If you are not an administrator, it will be impossible to permanently delete a WhatsApp group. You have the option to ask an administrator to grant you this degree to perform the right process or ask them to delete the group if it is very important to do so.
If you can’t do the above, the available alternative is to remove the WhatsApp group from your list . Also, you should know that you will not be able to do this if you are still a member of the party, so you will have to leave first. If you want to delete a group chat, follow these steps:
- Find yourself in the group and press the three dots located on the top bar. Then select the ” Group Information ” option .
- Press the ” Exit group ” button.
- Confirm the action by pressing ” Exit “.
- Press ” Delete group “.
- To finish, press ” Delete “.
This is all you need to do to delete a WhatsApp group from your chat list . Knowing how to perform this process can be important even if you are not an administrator, as otherwise you will not be able to remove this chat from your list.
With the steps mentioned in this guide, you will be able to delete a WhatsApp group as an administrator or remove the group chat from your list as a member. If, on the other hand, what you want is to delete the content for reasons of space on the device, simply press the ” Empty chat ” option found in the drop-down menu within the group.