When you have so many of my AOL Mail password to remember for different accounts, it is quite common to forget your AOL mail account password every now and then. AOL Mail makes it easy for you to recover your email account by allowing you to reset your account password. To learn how to reset your AOL email account password when you’ve forgotten it, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Steps to reset a forgotten AOL email password
- On your computer, open a web browser and navigate to the AOL login page through the link https://login.aol.com.
- Once you are on the AOL login page , enter your username or email address in the prompt field and click the Next button. You will be taken to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your AOL account password.
Note: You may also be prompted to complete a captcha before proceeding to the next screen.
- Now, once you are on the page where you are asked to enter your AOL password, click on the I forgot my password option . You will be taken to the next screen
- On the next screen, you will need to verify yourself as the rightful owner of the account in order to reset the password. You will receive the following verification options on your screen.
Note : The number of validation options available to you depends on the recovery information you added during or after the registration process.
Send a verification code to your recovery phone number
- In this option, you will be prompted to enter the missing numbers of the phone number displayed on the screen. After entering the missing number, just click Submit. If the missing numbers match the recovery phone number, you receive an AOL security code. However, if you don’t see this prompt, go to the next step.
- Click ” Yes, send me a verification code ” to get a verification code on your phone number recovery. You can receive the code via SMS, or you can click Call me with a verification code to receive the code during a phone call.
- On the next screen, enter the verification code and click Submit
- You will see a success message on your screen with a Create New Password
- Simply click on the Create a new password selection, enter your new password in the fields provided, then click on Continue, then on “I understand”.
Send a verification code to your email address
If you don’t have a recovery phone number available for recovery but have a recovery email address associated with your AOL Account, you will see a message – ” Do you have access to these emails?” ”With your e-mail address mentioned below.
- You will need to click on the ” Yes, send me a verification code ” option .
- Enter the verification code you receive in your recovery email address in the next screen and click Continue .
- You will see a success message for entering the verification code correctly with the Create New Password
- Click on the option Create a new password and enter your new password in the fields provided.
Note : If you have both recovery options ( phone number and email address ) associated with your account, but only have access to one of the recovery options, just click “I don’t have access to this phone ”or“ I do not have access to this email address ”to access the next verification option.
Verify by answering the security question and profile information
If you have an account security question associated with your AOL account and no recovery phone number or email address, you may be prompted to answer the security question associated with your AOL account.
- To do this, simply enter the answer to the account security question in the field provided and click on Verify
- If prompted, enter your name, date of birth, zip code, or other information for your AOL account. After that click on Continue
- Follow the onscreen prompts until you reach the page where you see the success message with Create New AOL Password
- Click on the Create a new password option and enter the new password in the required fields.